Saturday, April 9, 2016

Understandings | #NaPoWriMo Camp #NaNoWriMo


For the next 30 days on my YouTube channel Loving the Language of Literacy, I will be posting an original poem of mine along with behind the scenes knowledge of my inspiration, the creative process, and any other lessons / tips & tricks I have to offer. 




This is as close as I'm ever going to get to a volume two of the poem Outlier. It's actually based off the format of a poem from the person who Outlier was based off of. He's a brilliant poet and I was trying and pretty much failed to emulate his style. It's different but it most certainly is a poem for all the complicated people in your life. 

Understandings

I read it again
Read into it, I guess
Would be more accurate
I've spent the past 2 months
Analyzing every moment
Of silence hung between
Two confused people
On a wash line
Desperate,
I ramble and I wonder
What it would be like
Again to have someone
There for me
But that is the worst part
Because you are
The closest thing I've got,
I have tried so hard
Not to make this about me
Tried not to succumb
To wanting a legacy
And I'm trying not
To use you like a cigarette
-another way to alleviate
The people I have struck
Down as items on my to do list,
I want to explain
Why I've sent you paragraphs
Of a person I won't remember
By the time regret
Kicks in tomorrow,
I want to tell you
The delusions are not
My attempts at squinting
To see what has never been
There, but the only way
I know how to tell you
That I have tried to understand



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...